VACList-Digest       Wednesday, September 26, 2001      Issue 74

Today's Topics:

        1. Kitchen Faucet Fix
        2. Re: international shipping
        3. Re: Wiring for 8-track
        4. Re: Wiring for 8-track
        5. GFI Circuits
        6. Vulkem clean up/Alcoa dissapointment
        7. Re: GFI Circuits
        8. Re: Wiring for 8-track
        9. A few upgrades: Floor, tires, mattresses, lights
       10. Re: Pergo Floor Installation
       11. Re: Vulkem clean up
       12. Re:
       13. Re: Vulkem clean up
       14. water tank
       15. Lightning
       16. Re: TOP of GEORGIA RALLY
       17. Re: Top of Georgia Rally LIST
       18. Re: international shipping
       19. Re: Vulkem clean up
       20. Re: Vulkem clean up
       21. Re: TOP of GEORGIA RALLY
       22. Re: Vulkem clean up
       23. Re: Kitchen Faucet Fix
       24. Re: Vulkem clean up
       25. Re: Lightning
       26. Re: Vulkem clean up
       27. Re: Vulkem clean up
       28. Re: Top of Georgia Rally LIST
       29. Re: Lightning
       30. Re: Top of Georgia Rally LIST

Message Number: 1
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 18:30:34 -0600
From: "Virgil Turner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Kitchen Faucet Fix

We just sold our 1968 Ambassador that had the same problem.  I found the
problem to be a stuck check valve in the old filter housing.  The filter had
been removed and apparently this allowed the check valve to come loose and
block the outlet.  I think if you look carefully in the filter housing you
will see that this is the problem.

Virgil Turner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
1967 Globetrotter
Montrose, CO

At 09:49 AM 9/24/01 -0500, you wrote:
>  a plumbing mystery for the Airstream sleuths among us. While using my
>water pump, I have very little water pressure in the kitchen sink of my
>1968 Caravel. The water pressure in the lavatory sink and shower unit is
>very strong. The toilet also flushes with a strong current. My hot water
>heater works and I have hot water in the lavatory sink and shower.  My
>owners manual shows a filter placed between the kitchen sink and the pipes
>from the hot water heater. My first impression was that the filter was
>clogged. However, it looks like the filter has been removed.  Any other
>suggestions as to why my kitchen sink flows at a trickle?   Thanks in
>Advance  Jeff

Message Number: 2