Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 21:32:55 -0400
From: D Welch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Vulkem on house

Paint thinner it is, and plastic putty knives and sometimes a really
skinny screwdriver that is blunted. Vulkem is a sucessful caulk because
it never really gets hard or brittle. Most of what I had to dig out were
S.O.B. of caulk. Even the big fat ropes of it under the vent I replaced
was still pliable to actully pull most of it off.

Daisy

Sarah Calhoun wrote:

> Okay, so what happens (on either house or trailer) when the seal fails and you
> have to dig the old Vulkem out of the seam in order to re-caulk?  Does it come out
> readily at that point or is it really hard to dig out?  I presume on the trailer
> it's possible to damage the skin while digging out old caulk -- are there
> alternative methods (e.g. paint thinner)?
>
> --Sarah
>
> Dan Weeks wrote:
>
> > Yep, it's great for that. The best. Bonds to wood, paint, concrete, stucco,
> > pretty much anything. My siding-to-trim joints are caulked with Vulkem and
> > I'm in a climate with a temp range from -20 to +100, and all joints are
> > great.
> >
> > Dan
> > 75 Argosy 26
> > Des Moines
> >
> > > From: VACList <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:36:07 -0700
> > > To: Multiple recipients of VACList <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > Subject: [VAC]
> > >
> > > Does anyone think Vulkem would also be good for the stucco-to-wood joints on
> > > my house?  Or is it only for metal?
> >
> > To unsubscribe or change to a daily Digest format, please go to
> > http://airstream.net/vaclist/listoffice.html
> >
> > When replying to a message, please delete all unnecessary original text
> >

> To unsubscribe or change to a daily Digest format, please go to
> http://airstream.net/vaclist/listoffice.html
>
> When replying to a message, please delete all unnecessary original text

Message Number: 2