That is how I have been doing the swaps myself and its been working out fine. 
My thought was if they don’t align correctly to get association with the AP 
they would see that. Not every site they go to will convert over some will not 
get enough signal so remote through the NOC won’t always work. 

 

Best regards,

Brandon Yuchasz

GogebicRange.net

www.gogebicrange.net <http://www.gogebicrange.net/> 

 

From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nate Burke
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:15 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Battery pack and wifi

 

Can you just have them RDP into a server at the NOC over a hotspot and then 
just have them access the radio from that server over your network?  No Special 
Network config on the remote device then.  You can just use the power from the 
FSK Radio, and confirm that there's an Ethernet link to the customer.  

This is how I've been aligning a majority of the radios I've been putting up.  
No Special config needed at the device plugging in, and get's around the whole 
'EPMP Supercomputer Access' Problem.  Since the server will have enough spare 
CPU Cycles to spend rendering the pages.  

On 4/21/2016 9:08 AM, Josh Luthman wrote:

Oh whoops I saw without.

We NAT radios so we use the lan port IP.  You might want to use 169.254.1.1 if 
you're bridging.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

On Apr 21, 2016 10:03 AM, "Brandon Yuchasz" <[email protected]> wrote:

Yep that’s the plan. Send the guys out with a bunch of Epmp on the truck 
already programmed to swap out FSK. Have them use a phone or tablet to tune 
them and role to the next.

 

 

Best regards,

Brandon Yuchasz

GogebicRange.net

www.gogebicrange.net

 

From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Josh Luthman
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 8:57 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Battery pack and wifi

 

You'd need a phone or tablet with that...

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

On Apr 21, 2016 9:54 AM, "Brandon Yuchasz" <[email protected]> wrote:

Anyone using these or have another US based version? 

http://www.gevaelettronica.it/shop/index.php?id_product=1 
<http://www.gevaelettronica.it/shop/index.php?id_product=1&controller=product&id_lang=2>
 &controller=product&id_lang=2

 

I am looking for something the installers can tune Epmp with using tablets or 
phones.  Not sure how I would deal with different IP structures based on the 
tower they are installing on but I bet you guys have ideas on that as well.

 

 

Best regards,

Brandon Yuchasz

GogebicRange.net

www.gogebicrange.net <http://www.gogebicrange.net/> 

 

 

Reply via email to