That is some scary Bernie Madoff type of pricing.

You are using this now?

From: Gerard Dupont
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Outdoor PON OLT

Here's some pricing based on Chinese ZTE with no real support.

ZTE F601 Indoor ONU 1 GE port. $24
ZTE F623 Indoor ONU 1GE 3FE 1POTS $29

Chinese Splice on connector $0.80
30M Armored simplex pigtail $9.66 from FS
20M $7.66
10M $5.66
Wall Mount MultiLink/Tii Outdoor NID - $15 (I don't have link)

ZTE C320 OLT 16 ports of gpon with class c+ optics. $2200 $2200/16/32=$4.30/per
customer at 100% utilization..

Add another 16 ports with optics for only $590. that's 32*32=1024 customers
potentially. $2.75/per customer at 100% util.

32 port rackmount splitter. $84
32 port bare splitter for splice case $14
8 port bare splitter for splice case $5

None of that includes shipping or import duties/fees. So figure in a few
hundred $$$ for shipping/import fees.

Even if you only put 8 people per OLT port that's $2800/32/8=$11 per customer.
+ $1 per port on a 1x8 PLC + $15 for NID + $29 for ONT with POTS + $10 for 30M
pigtail. = ~$65/customer all in for gpon with 8 customers per port.

You can use for web based OLT/ONU management/monitoring (tell
Adrian I sent you for a discount)

I prefer using GPON for the management capabilities. You can always overlay
10GPON on top of your regular GPON network when the time comes to upgrade. Just
add/change the card in the OLT and add a 2x1 splitter to combine both OLT ports
into the single fiber. Since they use different wavelengths they will coexist
over the same fiber. Just install new ONT's.