That's a difficult question to answer given that I've been using Voice Guidance myself however I reckon that I'd b able to do most hthings if the Voice Guidance were disabled.

The Stop button takes you to the home screen for example.

From there pressing the record button once puts you into 'Record Standby" mode and a further press starts the recording.

Pressing stop at this point stops the recording or pressing enter stops the recording and plays the recording back.

Remember that Voice Guideance with Olympus recorders is certainly not perfect thus you have to get used to a few functions working without it.

Turningt the "Intro Scan" function on may well be a very good idea since the recorder doesn't announce the names of files as you scroll to know you have the right one you can then hear a couple of seconds at the beginning of each file as you scroll.