ARS 7.1 Patch 002
 Mid-Tier 7.1 Patch 004
CMDB 2.1 Patch 6
ITSM Patch 8
Approval Server 7.0.06
Windows

Hello Listers:

Please see below error: I think I have isolated this problem by starting the
plugin.exe from the command line.
The plugin server shows that it's up and running when I start regularly or
from the command line, so I have been starting plugin.exe from the cmd line
to produce the below referenced errors.
I can't get the overview console, server admin console or anything for the
plugin server to work on our dev server.
The Server Admin Console works on prod, but not the Overview Console, which
makes this even more confusing.

>From the home page, when selecting Overview or Server Admin Console,  I keep
getting "ARERR [8755] The specified plug-in does not exist. :
REMEDY.ARDBC.SERVER.ADMINISTRATION", and
"ARERR [8755] The specified plug-in does not exist. :
REMEDY.ARDBC.APPQUERY".
I have replaced .dlls, reinstalled arserver.exe, read logs and I can't find
where this password that the approval plugin wants is coming from.
I have upgraded from to ITSM 7 Unpatched to ITSM Patch 008, I have installed
Approval Server 7.0.1 Patch 7.
I changed the plugin timeout to 600 seconds, so the plugin bombs out after
ten mins with the below every time.
I can't find anything to lead me further down the path to resolution. the
plugin server is up, but not being recognized.
To overcome the initial error of arservdb directory does not exist, I added
the directory and the .lck file it was looking for 390606.lck.
Then when I ran arplugin.exe -i. -m from the command line, the plugin server
went one step further to the below.
Please see attached ar.cfg - Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this
to work? I am obviously stumped. :-)

Thanks in Advance to All.

Jase K Brandon
Quality Technology Services

ArError.Log
Mon Nov 24 22:14:46 2008  Approve : Authentication failed (ARERR 623)
Mon Nov 24 22:14:46 2008  Approve : Name parameter (or name field in a
parameter) is empty (ARERR 102)