--- Erik Reuter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But I regularly read The Economist, and I don't see
> much obvious
> distortion there. I don't listen to BBC radio, but I
> do read BBC news
> articles about world events. I haven't seen any
> obvious distortion in
> the top news stories on the BBC website.

_The Economist_ is very conservative and famous for
its excellent coverage of American issues.  As for the
BBC, well, I think we're going to have to disagree on
that one.  Andrew Sullivan (among many others) has
covered bias on the BBC pretty well - you might want
to check out his web page www.andrewsullivan.com

> [Unless, of course, you are talking about Europeans
> whose JOB it is to
> know accurately what is going on around the world.
> If so, disregard what
> I wrote]

> "Erik Reuter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Well, Europeans who I would think of as my
counterparts in Europe - so not professionals in the
subject (as I am not) but not people you would expect
to know little or nothing about the US either  :-)

=====
Gautam Mukunda
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Freedom is not free"