~David G. Moore, Jr.> Subject: Re: SQL injection attack on House of Fusion>
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: cf-talk@houseoffusion.com> Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008
17:01:42 -0400> > > I am currently using the SQLprev.cfm from Jochem to stop
the onslaught of superfluous bandwidth suckage from my server, but was
wondering what the difference would be with this one. I am not looking to start
a "my SQL Injection blocker is better than yours", yet trying to educate myself
on just what is going on and what is best to do. > > My original SQLprev script
(http://www.gravityfree.com/_sqlprev.cfm.txt) > just checks for basic SQL
keywords with a semicolon in URL variables. > It's a quick and dirty way to
give you some protection from bots > short-term while your code base is updated
to use best practices and > secure coding methods. Mary Jo's is more thorough
in that it checks > additional variable scopes, and can help protect better
against > hand-drafted attacks, but may have a higher potential for false >
positives (though it's improved recently from what I can tell).> > SQLPrev has
a version compatible with CF5 for those who need it where > the other script
relies on CFMX functions to run. I'm not saying one is > better than the other,
they both get the job done. Just use whatever > works best for you, and update
your code so that you don't need either > of them <g>.> > > -Justin Scott> > >