> When you say "Update Your Code", are you saying using <cfqueryparam>?

Yes, that's what he is saying.

> so, go back and fix 1,000's of lines
> of code I have developed over the last 'upteen' years or stop it
> before it starts?

Because if you don't, you are putting a LOT of faith in these blockers and
assuming that hackers won't find other ways to attack a vulnerable application
that doesn't get by them. Personally, I'm not sure I'd put *that* much trust in
them, if I really cared about my sites being safe.

> Is this something new to CF8 or just a necessary
> evil because of SQL Injection Attacks.

Nothing new, and certainly not unique to ColdFusion either.

> is <cfqueryparam> something a lot of programmers
> really use?

Uh, yes.

> This is the first I have ever heard of using <cfqueryparam>.

That is a truly scary thought. I hope you will spend some time on the
ColdFusion blogs which have lots of information on the importance of using it.

--- Mary Jo