David Moore, Jr. wrote:
> Not trying to pick a fight, becuase I am sure you have forgotten more code
> than I will ever know (seriously) and I am probably just being lazy
> (seriously), but is <cfqueryparam> something a lot of programmers really use?
> I have never seen <cfqueryparam> used on any tags I have purchased or
> exchanged and I am afraid all I know is what I have learned from books and
> forums. This is the first I have ever heard of using <cfqueryparam>.

Yes <cfqueryparam...> is well used and for very good reasons.  One of
which is what do you want to happen if the next clever hacker comes
along with an attack that gets around all these solutions that have been
developed to stop them at the gate?  Do you really want to gamble your
data and possible career on that fact that you can out guess every
hacker who collectively have almost endless time and resources to figure
out ways around these solutions?

I equate it to this analogy I have been dying to use for some time.

Would you never build the city walls and gates just because you have
sentries watching the road?  No matter how good and undefeatable you
think your sentries are.

Or why have database passwords if you have a firewall.  (That one might
be better)