Too right, Devon.

And have you explored the unicode situation with minus? Not to mention pi
and mu.

If programmers coded like they talk and write, planes would be dropping on
our heads from all over the sky.

I knew folk who'd never read a manual or an article about a novel language.
And they didn't read comments in code.
Only the code – and then they'd try out variants, to see what worked and
what didn't.