SEZ9 commented on PR #11512:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11512#issuecomment-5658210694

   Thanks for resolving the `dev` conflicts, @goutamadwant. I went through 
`097c716147` and `0a84c6b811` against the current head; the PR-owned changes 
there are `TaskExecutionService.java`, `TaskGroupContext.java`, 
`TaskExecutionServiceTest.java` and `CdcProgressServiceTest.java`. The 
execution-scoped cleanup fix looks like a genuine correctness improvement and 
the ordering coverage is welcome.
   
   On the freshness-window question: agreed. Age-boundary classification 
belongs with the freshness-policy consumer, and I'd rather not widen this PR's 
public contract for it. No further ask on that.
   
   That said, neither of the two new commits touches the files from my previous 
review, so those findings still stand as open. Concretely, what I'm still 
looking for:
   
   - **F1 / F7 / F8 – `CdcEnumeratorProgressReport.java`**: `activeSplits` 
needs an actual bound to match the documented "bounded active-split details" 
contract (a cap plus a documented truncation behaviour is fine); count fields 
should reject negative / mutually inconsistent values at construction; and 
either make `CdcSnapshotSplitProgress` genuinely immutable or drop the 
"immutable per-split details" wording, since the shallow copy alone doesn't 
guarantee it.
   - **F3 – `CdcProgressAccuracy.java` (and the other API enums in the 
report)**: please confirm the engine codec encodes these by name rather than 
ordinal. If it already does, a pointer to where is enough and I'll close this 
one.
   - **F2 / F4 / F5 – `docs/en/developer/cdc-progress.md`**: add an explicit 
rule that connector-native position payloads must not carry credentials or 
connection secrets; rewrite the runtime-collection section so it describes the 
registration-based enumerator report path that is actually implemented rather 
than a pull/derive model; and list which connectors currently implement the 
provider (MySQL today, with the `connector-cdc-base` note for the others).
   - **F6 – `CdcProgressLifecycle.java`**: trim the `SNAPSHOT` Javadoc so it no 
longer includes enumerator-owned discovery/assignment, to stay consistent with 
the ownership rule in the doc.
   
   If you'd prefer to split any of these into a follow-up, say which ones and 
why, and I'll consider it — but the bound on `activeSplits` (F1) and the 
enum-by-name encoding (F3) I'd like settled in this PR since they shape the 
wire contract.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:1028 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to