SEZ9 commented on PR #11512:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11512#issuecomment-5691935496

   Thanks @goutamadwant — noted that the REST startup failure is being handled 
separately in #12338 and that it doesn't replace or change the scope of this 
PR. I'll leave that to its own thread.
   
   Back on this PR: as far as I can tell from the thread, the latest change 
(`d8cb0cbb7d3`) is limited to the reporting-guard hardening in 
`TaskExecutionService`, so the earlier findings still need a status update. 
Concretely, what I'd like to see before another pass:
   
   - **F1 / F7 / F8 (`CdcEnumeratorProgressReport`)**: either enforce a bound 
on `activeSplits` (or drop the "bounded" wording), add basic invariant checks 
on the count fields (non-negative, mutually consistent), and either make 
`CdcSnapshotSplitProgress` genuinely immutable or soften the "immutable 
per-split details" claim.
   - **F2 (`docs/en/developer/cdc-progress.md`)**: add an explicit statement 
that connector-native position payloads must not contain credentials or 
connection secrets, since they're shipped to and retained on the coordinator.
   - **F3 (`CdcProgressAccuracy` and the other public enums)**: confirm the 
engine codec encodes them by name rather than ordinal, and point me at where 
that happens.
   - **F4 / F6**: if these have already been addressed, please reply on those 
threads with the commit that did it so I can verify; otherwise the 
runtime-collection doc and the `CdcProgressLifecycle.SNAPSHOT` Javadoc still 
need to be reconciled with the ownership rule and the registration-based report 
path.
   - **F5**: a short "currently implemented by" list in the developer doc.
   
   If any of these were resolved in a commit I've missed, a quick per-finding 
pointer is all I need. Thanks!
   
   <!-- streview-comment:1093 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to