DanielLeens commented on PR #11512:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11512#issuecomment-5713046353

   Thanks both — I went back to the current head (still `d8cb0cbb7d3`, no new 
commit since my last pass) and traced F4 and F6 to the exact commits that 
introduced the wording, so we can close these out with evidence rather than a 
summary.
   
   **F6** (`CdcProgressLifecycle.SNAPSHOT` Javadoc) — resolved in `3eea0a0434f` 
([Improve][CDC] Bound and validate progress reports). The enum comment changed 
from `Snapshot splits are being discovered, assigned, or read.` to `The reader 
is reading snapshot splits.` 
(`seatunnel-api/src/main/java/org/apache/seatunnel/api/cdc/CdcProgressLifecycle.java:26`).
 That drops the discovery/assignment language entirely, so it no longer 
conflicts with the coordinator-owned enumerator-report path.
   
   **F4** (`docs/en/developer/cdc-progress.md` pull/derive vs. 
registration-report wording) — resolved in `5410c581811` ([Test][CDC] Align 
restored-reader fixtures and progress documentation). The "Runtime collection" 
section (`docs/en/developer/cdc-progress.md:42-52`) now reads:
   
   > the active coordinator derives enumerator task group locations from 
running job plans and coordinator-owned slot assignments. It requests reports 
from the assigned members, including itself when applicable ... the coordinator 
selects the enumerators to poll
   
   That's an explicit coordinator-poll model — the coordinator derives the 
enumerator's location and pulls from it, rather than the enumerator 
registering/pushing a report to the coordinator. I checked this against the 
file content at the current head directly, not just the description of it.
   
   Both commits predate my 2026-09-14/09-15 passes, so this wording was already 
in place before I flagged F4/F6 as open — I just hadn't traced them back to the 
exact source diff myself yet, which is why I wanted commit-level confirmation 
before closing. With this, F1-F8 are all confirmed resolved, alongside the 
transport-blocking fix in `8714c91bb`. That closes out everything I had open on 
this PR.
   
   Agreed #12338 is a separate concern (REST/engine-server startup fixture) and 
doesn't change anything in this set. I'll hold off on another full pass unless 
a new commit lands or something else comes up.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to