Austin Acton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 16:06, Stefan van der Eijk wrote:
>> Q: when can we do that? And who will make it happen... There are a lot
>> of bright people on the list that can help to make it happen. How do we
>> first define an architecture for this. Produce a document first?
>
> Well preliminary questions are:
>
> 1.  Is there any hope of MandrakeSoft adopting a plan like this?

I do not think this is against Mandrakesoft, mandrake community already
exists, making it more structured could only benefit the distribution
and as a consequence Mandrakesoft.

> 2.  If so, will they administer it?  In other words, do THEY want to
> reorganize into a more community-based distro, or do they want US to
> form our own community and then reject it if they don't like it?

My view is to organize the current mandrake developer community, not
to change anything in mandrakesoft. Developers works on the
distribution anyway.

> Personally I look at it as a chance for Mandrake to reorganize, to see
> ways to improve the shortcomings of the distro, to attract more
> developers, to keep them longer, and to do things more efficiently.  I
> hope nobody sees it as a bunch of renegade wanna-be programmers trying
> to steal the distro.  The employees at MandrakeSoft work their asses off
> making a good distro.  We want to make their life easier, not put them
> out of work, right?

yes

--
Warly