Hi guys,

Due to the last work, I think it makes sense to try a release using Gradle. If it doesn't work smoothly, we will rollback to Maven, and maybe in that case, we should ask ourselves if Gradle is really a good alternative for now.


I'm in vacation tomorrow morning for 2 weeks. I can cut the release tomorrow end of the morning (my time). But in the case we need some additional PR merges or we have some work in progress, I'm proposing to postpone 2.5.0 release for the end of this month (in two weeks). If someone is volunteer to tackle this release, please, let us know.

Regards
JB

On 06/04/2018 10:48, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
Hi guys,

Apache Beam 2.4.0 has been released on March 20th.

According to our cycle of release (roughly 6 weeks), we should think about 
2.5.0.

I'm volunteer to tackle this release.

I'm proposing the following items:

1. We start the Jira triage now, up to Tuesday
2. I would like to cut the release on Tuesday night (Europe time)
2bis. I think it's wiser to still use Maven for this release. Do you think we
will be ready to try a release with Gradle ?

After this release, I would like a discussion about:
1. Gradle release (if we release 2.5.0 with Maven)
2. Isolate release cycle per Beam part. I think it would be interesting to have
different release cycle: SDKs, DSLs, Runners, IOs. That's another discussion, I
will start a thread about that.

Thoughts ?

Regards
JB

Reply via email to