Any hope the release is on central before the 30th?

Le 11 avr. 2018 22:02, "Robert Bradshaw" <rober...@google.com> a écrit :

> +1 to keeping up the regular release cycle, but I don't think it makes
> sense to cut until we're ready to actively work on the release. A cut date
> two weeks from now seems fine (unless someone else is volunteering to do it
> this time around).
>
> That being said, a dry run using gradle now may make a lot of sense,
> giving us a couple of weeks to iron out the kinks, if any.
>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 12:58 PM Chamikara Jayalath <chamik...@google.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi JB,
>>
>> Please note that I opened a blocker [1] (working on it) and looks like we
>> have several other JIRAs marked for 2.5.0. So +1 for waiting for two weeks
>> (or till JIRAs are resolved or moved off the list).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Cham
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-3991
>> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%
>> 3D%20BEAM%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%
>> 20fixVersion%20%3D%202.5.0%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 12:28 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <j...@nanthrax.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> Due to the last work, I think it makes sense to try a release using
>>> Gradle. If it doesn't work smoothly, we will rollback to Maven, and
>>> maybe in that case, we should ask ourselves if Gradle is really a good
>>> alternative for now.
>>>
>>> I'm in vacation tomorrow morning for 2 weeks. I can cut the release
>>> tomorrow end of the morning (my time). But in the case we need some
>>> additional PR merges or we have some work in progress, I'm proposing to
>>> postpone 2.5.0 release for the end of this month (in two weeks). If
>>> someone is volunteer to tackle this release, please, let us know.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> JB
>>>
>>> On 06/04/2018 10:48, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> > Hi guys,
>>> >
>>> > Apache Beam 2.4.0 has been released on March 20th.
>>> >
>>> > According to our cycle of release (roughly 6 weeks), we should think
>>> about 2.5.0.
>>> >
>>> > I'm volunteer to tackle this release.
>>> >
>>> > I'm proposing the following items:
>>> >
>>> > 1. We start the Jira triage now, up to Tuesday
>>> > 2. I would like to cut the release on Tuesday night (Europe time)
>>> > 2bis. I think it's wiser to still use Maven for this release. Do you
>>> think we
>>> > will be ready to try a release with Gradle ?
>>> >
>>> > After this release, I would like a discussion about:
>>> > 1. Gradle release (if we release 2.5.0 with Maven)
>>> > 2. Isolate release cycle per Beam part. I think it would be
>>> interesting to have
>>> > different release cycle: SDKs, DSLs, Runners, IOs. That's another
>>> discussion, I
>>> > will start a thread about that.
>>> >
>>> > Thoughts ?
>>> >
>>> > Regards
>>> > JB
>>> >
>>>
>>

Reply via email to