+1 agree to wait two weeks.

So I will tackle the release when back from vacation.

Thanks guys ! I can take off serene ;)

Regards
JB

On 04/11/2018 11:20 PM, Ismaël Mejía wrote:
> +1 to delay 2 weeks as Ahmet proposes. We can cut the branch in two
> weeks in a more stable shape doing it right now is not a good idea.
> We can justify the delay on the impact of transitioning the build system.
> 
> 
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 10:35 PM, Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com> wrote:
>> +1 to delaying 2 weeks.
>>
>> I think it will be prudent to wait in this case. There is too much in flux
>> with Gradle migration currently and based on Scott's latest update I think
>> we will be in a more stable state in 2 weeks. Last Beam release date was
>> 3/20 and our plan was to make a release every 6 weeks. Even if we start
>> cutting a release in 2 weeks (~4/26), we will have more than a week to
>> finish that release. Even if that is not enough time to finish a release it
>> will put is in the proximity of the 5/5 target date. I prefer that option,
>> to another potential release with Maven.
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 1:22 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Any hope the release is on central before the 30th?
>>
>>
>> I do not think this was the plan to begin with. The time between the
>> previous release and 4/30 is less than 6 weeks.
>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Le 11 avr. 2018 22:02, "Robert Bradshaw" <rober...@google.com> a écrit :
>>>>
>>>> +1 to keeping up the regular release cycle, but I don't think it makes
>>>> sense to cut until we're ready to actively work on the release. A cut date
>>>> two weeks from now seems fine (unless someone else is volunteering to do it
>>>> this time around).
>>>>
>>>> That being said, a dry run using gradle now may make a lot of sense,
>>>> giving us a couple of weeks to iron out the kinks, if any.
>>>>
>>>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 12:58 PM Chamikara Jayalath
>>>> <chamik...@google.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi JB,
>>>>>
>>>>> Please note that I opened a blocker [1] (working on it) and looks like
>>>>> we have several other JIRAs marked for 2.5.0. So +1 for waiting for two
>>>>> weeks (or till JIRAs are resolved or moved off the list).
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> Cham
>>>>>
>>>>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-3991
>>>>> [2]
>>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20BEAM%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.5.0%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC
>>>>>
>>>>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 12:28 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <j...@nanthrax.net>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi guys,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Due to the last work, I think it makes sense to try a release using
>>>>>> Gradle. If it doesn't work smoothly, we will rollback to Maven, and
>>>>>> maybe in that case, we should ask ourselves if Gradle is really a good
>>>>>> alternative for now.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I'm in vacation tomorrow morning for 2 weeks. I can cut the release
>>>>>> tomorrow end of the morning (my time). But in the case we need some
>>>>>> additional PR merges or we have some work in progress, I'm proposing to
>>>>>> postpone 2.5.0 release for the end of this month (in two weeks). If
>>>>>> someone is volunteer to tackle this release, please, let us know.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Regards
>>>>>> JB
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On 06/04/2018 10:48, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>>>>>> Hi guys,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Apache Beam 2.4.0 has been released on March 20th.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> According to our cycle of release (roughly 6 weeks), we should think
>>>>>>> about 2.5.0.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I'm volunteer to tackle this release.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I'm proposing the following items:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 1. We start the Jira triage now, up to Tuesday
>>>>>>> 2. I would like to cut the release on Tuesday night (Europe time)
>>>>>>> 2bis. I think it's wiser to still use Maven for this release. Do you
>>>>>>> think we
>>>>>>> will be ready to try a release with Gradle ?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> After this release, I would like a discussion about:
>>>>>>> 1. Gradle release (if we release 2.5.0 with Maven)
>>>>>>> 2. Isolate release cycle per Beam part. I think it would be
>>>>>>> interesting to have
>>>>>>> different release cycle: SDKs, DSLs, Runners, IOs. That's another
>>>>>>> discussion, I
>>>>>>> will start a thread about that.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thoughts ?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Regards
>>>>>>> JB
>>>>>>>
>>
>>

-- 
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbono...@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Reply via email to