Is it possible to delay it of 2 more weeks then? ~16th?

Without a lot of effort on pom generation, maven consumer will be broken
and I will ot be able to work on that (or something else ;)) the two first
weeks of may. Alternatively, a compromise can be to push existing poms
until we drop them. They will be more correct with almost no effort.


Le 11 avr. 2018 23:21, "Ismaël Mejía" <ieme...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> +1 to delay 2 weeks as Ahmet proposes. We can cut the branch in two
> weeks in a more stable shape doing it right now is not a good idea.
> We can justify the delay on the impact of transitioning the build system.
>
>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 10:35 PM, Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com> wrote:
> > +1 to delaying 2 weeks.
> >
> > I think it will be prudent to wait in this case. There is too much in
> flux
> > with Gradle migration currently and based on Scott's latest update I
> think
> > we will be in a more stable state in 2 weeks. Last Beam release date was
> > 3/20 and our plan was to make a release every 6 weeks. Even if we start
> > cutting a release in 2 weeks (~4/26), we will have more than a week to
> > finish that release. Even if that is not enough time to finish a release
> it
> > will put is in the proximity of the 5/5 target date. I prefer that
> option,
> > to another potential release with Maven.
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 1:22 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <
> rmannibu...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Any hope the release is on central before the 30th?
> >
> >
> > I do not think this was the plan to begin with. The time between the
> > previous release and 4/30 is less than 6 weeks.
> >
> >>
> >>
> >> Le 11 avr. 2018 22:02, "Robert Bradshaw" <rober...@google.com> a écrit
> :
> >>>
> >>> +1 to keeping up the regular release cycle, but I don't think it makes
> >>> sense to cut until we're ready to actively work on the release. A cut
> date
> >>> two weeks from now seems fine (unless someone else is volunteering to
> do it
> >>> this time around).
> >>>
> >>> That being said, a dry run using gradle now may make a lot of sense,
> >>> giving us a couple of weeks to iron out the kinks, if any.
> >>>
> >>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 12:58 PM Chamikara Jayalath
> >>> <chamik...@google.com> wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>> Hi JB,
> >>>>
> >>>> Please note that I opened a blocker [1] (working on it) and looks like
> >>>> we have several other JIRAs marked for 2.5.0. So +1 for waiting for
> two
> >>>> weeks (or till JIRAs are resolved or moved off the list).
> >>>>
> >>>> Thanks,
> >>>> Cham
> >>>>
> >>>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-3991
> >>>> [2]
> >>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%
> 3D%20BEAM%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%
> 20fixVersion%20%3D%202.5.0%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC
> >>>>
> >>>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 12:28 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <
> j...@nanthrax.net>
> >>>> wrote:
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Hi guys,
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Due to the last work, I think it makes sense to try a release using
> >>>>> Gradle. If it doesn't work smoothly, we will rollback to Maven, and
> >>>>> maybe in that case, we should ask ourselves if Gradle is really a
> good
> >>>>> alternative for now.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> I'm in vacation tomorrow morning for 2 weeks. I can cut the release
> >>>>> tomorrow end of the morning (my time). But in the case we need some
> >>>>> additional PR merges or we have some work in progress, I'm proposing
> to
> >>>>> postpone 2.5.0 release for the end of this month (in two weeks). If
> >>>>> someone is volunteer to tackle this release, please, let us know.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Regards
> >>>>> JB
> >>>>>
> >>>>> On 06/04/2018 10:48, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> >>>>> > Hi guys,
> >>>>> >
> >>>>> > Apache Beam 2.4.0 has been released on March 20th.
> >>>>> >
> >>>>> > According to our cycle of release (roughly 6 weeks), we should
> think
> >>>>> > about 2.5.0.
> >>>>> >
> >>>>> > I'm volunteer to tackle this release.
> >>>>> >
> >>>>> > I'm proposing the following items:
> >>>>> >
> >>>>> > 1. We start the Jira triage now, up to Tuesday
> >>>>> > 2. I would like to cut the release on Tuesday night (Europe time)
> >>>>> > 2bis. I think it's wiser to still use Maven for this release. Do
> you
> >>>>> > think we
> >>>>> > will be ready to try a release with Gradle ?
> >>>>> >
> >>>>> > After this release, I would like a discussion about:
> >>>>> > 1. Gradle release (if we release 2.5.0 with Maven)
> >>>>> > 2. Isolate release cycle per Beam part. I think it would be
> >>>>> > interesting to have
> >>>>> > different release cycle: SDKs, DSLs, Runners, IOs. That's another
> >>>>> > discussion, I
> >>>>> > will start a thread about that.
> >>>>> >
> >>>>> > Thoughts ?
> >>>>> >
> >>>>> > Regards
> >>>>> > JB
> >>>>> >
> >
> >
>

Reply via email to