Just because I have probably missed it in the flood of work/emails (yay!)
have we been dry-running the user experience of a Maven-built project
depending on Beam? If declaring a dependency on Beam doesn't work in some
basic way, it seems like we would want to know that right away. Our release
verification will definitely catch this, but perhaps we want to check it
earlier.

Kenn