Hi Jacques,

I don't know what to say. What I understand is that you don't want to use
the template that committers are now abiding by and which you agreed on
yourself before saying "I changed my mind"! I don't remember having any
discussion beyond a few complaints inside your own commit messages.

There are numerous ways to setup your environment so you can commit more
easily, but it's hard to say how exactly for each committer's operating
system and set of tools. But I think it's not difficult with a proof being
that committers were getting things nicely committed during the community
day which had lots of commits.

The easiest part of committing code is the commit message, the hard work is
in checking that the patch is correct, and that all tests pass, and that
quality is good etc. So committing a lot without a good review is perhaps
detrimental to the code base, and if you commit so much and so fast that
you don't have time to add a few characters, words or new lines here and
there then that might indicate you're rushing, which might affect the
quality of your commits.

Anyway, I won't dwell more on this subject, it seems you already took a
decision.

Taher Alkhateeb