On 20.09.2016 02:25, David Thomas wrote:
> What about dropping "fund"?  "Crowdmatching for public goods"

What about dropping "for"?

"Crowdmatching for public goods"
"Crowdmatching public goods"

You could say we ultimately crowdmatch for everybody, not for public
goods. Omitting "for" also makes Crowdfunding more of verb than a noun,
which is a good thing; more active and less static.

Michael rightly notes that "fund" clarifies what we mean without
depending on new words. Mike rightly notes that it implies some sort of
funding. I think when we introduce a new word we also need to let it do
some lifting, otherwise we shouldn't introduce it. Redundancy in a
slogan is bad. Short is good.