Well one of the main reasons I love my K3S is because of weight (or lack of it). Due to back problems, I cant move that 40-50 pound rig to the bench to do any adjustments, repair, etc. I can take my K3S to the beach house with ease and have a nice 100 watt radio. Each of us has their own needs and wants in a radio and a 60 pound monster with 200 watts and built in power supply for 48 -60 volts, may not be one of them. Jim K4JAF

-----Original Message----- From: Kevin
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 6:47 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3S QST Article

Hmm, compliance with what? The rig meets Elecraft specs and since the
FCC doesn't regulate TX IMD there is nothing to comply with.

The problem I have is accepting the status quo by Elecraft. Just because
everybody else is around -30dB shouldn't mean Elecraft stop trying to do
better. Let the portable/backpacking rigs use 12V MOSFETS and switch the
desktop model K3(s) to higher voltage finals. Yeah, yeah, I know, the
K3(s) is supposed to be portable capable. How many people take their
K3(s) out in the sticks...ever...save Field Day?

Just because it has a carry strap doesn't mean it's a portable rig. My
TS-520 has a beautiful leather strap. It weighs 37 pounds. Anybody know
where I can rent a mule?