Elecraft sold you a K3S that *was* in compliance and will still be if you do nothing. See Wayne's post yesterday. They improved the Transmit IMD for the current K3S and are offering to make that change to older K3S.

They are going out of their way to add the change to your K3S free of labor charge - all you have to pay for is the shipping.

I think that is above and beyond the call of duty. I have not heard of another ham manufacturer that would do anything like that.