Hmm, compliance with what? The rig meets Elecraft specs and since the FCC doesn't regulate TX IMD there is nothing to comply with.

The problem I have is accepting the status quo by Elecraft. Just because everybody else is around -30dB shouldn't mean Elecraft stop trying to do better. Let the portable/backpacking rigs use 12V MOSFETS and switch the desktop model K3(s) to higher voltage finals. Yeah, yeah, I know, the K3(s) is supposed to be portable capable. How many people take their K3(s) out in the sticks...ever...save Field Day?

Just because it has a carry strap doesn't mean it's a portable rig. My TS-520 has a beautiful leather strap. It weighs 37 pounds. Anybody know where I can rent a mule?