On 03/12/2018 12:08 PM, andy pugh wrote:
On 12 March 2018 at 15:57, Mark <wendt.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

Am I to do something like this:
addf offset.0.update-output
net axis.1.joint-pos-cmd offset.0.in
net lincurve.0.out offset.0.offset
net offset.0.update-output offset.0.out
net offset.0.out axis.1.joint-pos-cmd

Is that the right idea?
Close, but you seem a bit confused about HAL syntax.

Well, it's easy enough to admit that I am.  ;-)  Haven't done this since I first did the machine, which was over 10 years ago, and most of that was relatively straightforward.

(You need a loadrt offset before the next line will work)
addf offset.0.update-output

net axis.1.joint-pos-cmd offset.0.in
net lincurve.0.out offset.0.offset

You need a signal name for each of these lines. eg
net z-raw axis.1.joint-pos-cmd offset.0.in
net z-corr lincurve.0.out offset.0.offset

The next line would be valid, but is using a function name as a signal
name, and that is probably not what you intended.
net offset.0.update-output offset.0.out
net offset.0.out axis.1.joint-pos-cmd

I wasn't quite sure how to do that part.

You probably want
net z-cmd offset.0.out  stepgen.1.pos-cmd
net z-pos-fb-raw  stepgen.1.pos-fb  offset.0.fb-in
net z-pos-fb-offs offset.0.fb-out  axis.1.motor-pos-fb

Ah, okay, this is starting to make sense to me now.  I'll keep plugging away at this.  I really appreciate the help Andy, so thank you.

Mark