On Mon, Mar 5, 2018, at 10:25 AM, Mark wrote:

> At any rate, what the question above is asking, does the correction
> happen while the X axis is moving to smoothly blend the adjustment, or
> does it try to jump to the correction without blending the two axis's moves?

The "lin" in lincurve stands for linear interpolation.  So yes, it blends.

> Yes, there are groups of X axis stations that have the same offset. What
> I'm trying to figure out is how to map those X axis coordinates that are
> in that group.  If the X axis stations between say 15 and 25 are all the
> same, but the next group of X axis stations which are the same between
> 26 and 31 are different than the previous group, how would I map that
> between the x,y coordinates in the lincurve statements?

Example:

The error between X=0 and X=4 is zero, then it ramps up to 0.002 at X=5,
hits 0.003 at X=6, then remains at 0.003 for the next 8", until X=13.  Then
it ramps back down to zero at X=14, and hits -0.001 at X=15, where it stays
until X=21.

So you would use the following X,Y pairs:

0, 0.000
4, 0.000
5, -0.002
6, -0.003
13, -0.003
14, 0.000
15, 0.001
21, 0.001

You can use up to 16 pairs.  Best approach is to plot your measured errors
on a piece of paper or in a spreadsheet, then find the set of 16 (or fewer)
straight line segments that best matches your measured error plot.

--
  John Kasunich
  jmkasun...@fastmail.fm