On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 11:57:03 -0500 "William L. Thomson Jr."
<wlt...@obsidian-studios.com> said:

> On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 11:28:01 -0500
> "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt...@obsidian-studios.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 13:38:36 +0900
> > Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
>
> > > like arrows pointing in over a directory indicating you are going to
> > > drop the file into the directory?
> >
> > I guess not sure. There are for arrows, one in each corner, and they
> > like point in as part of their animation. Horrible description sorry!
> >
> > I cannot easily replicate that animation. If I drag a file over a
> > folder nothing happens. Just noticed I cannot drag a file into a
> > folder or anything. I am not sure how to trigger that animation, but
> > seems like its some drag and drop. Though I think its happened on
> > regular files not just folders.
>
> I dragged a file over a folder on the desktop and got the animation.
> For some reason it was not triggering in EFM itself. Then after I did
> that on the desktop. It started working again in EFM.
>
> I never have the animation stuck on desktop icons. It only gets stuck
> in EFM, and then when that closes. The animation keeps going on the
> desktop. I assume because same process or something not sure.

as i explained. that actually cannot be the case. the animation is rendered in
that window. its in-canvas as part of the efm window and view... and thus if
efm window goes - all objects in it go etc. ... so my guess sis you mis-remember
things.

> I do not believe you can restart EFM like you can E. I will try to
> restart that process or something next time to see if that fixes.
> Restarting E of course does fix, either via menu or log out/in.

restarting e restarts efm. its the same thing. you can close and open efm
windows. you can also unload the fileman module and load it. again. the module
just provides the emf window wrapper and desktop icons. the efm core that
handles listing dirs, the icons, their dnd and animation etc. is in e itself.
it is the same thing used for the file selector in e. that's efm. actually 2 efm
views (one for shortcuts/places, one for the directory content)

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com