On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Chris Barnes <ch...@txbarnes.com> wrote:

> Donna Snow wrote:
>
>> Why not have an "install fest" of some sort to see just how easy it is for
>> a potential user?
>>

> This has got to be one of the best ideas I've seen.  I'd probably even sign
> up as one of your guinea pig / test subjects.  :-)

Linux folks do this all the time, usually at the end of their user group
meetings (and sometimes accompanied by GPG key signing). I think it would be
a great idea to host regular Plone install-fests, to help people get Plone
installed on their computer, and then have a "what next" sheet or webpage of
things to try once they have got it installed.

Nate Aune - na...@jazkarta.com
http://nateaune.com (personal blog)
http://jazkarta.com (open source technology solutions)
http://twitter.com/natea (daily updates)