On 16/04/2009, at 4:58 AM, JoAnna Springsteen wrote:

All in all, I'm not sure this discussion belongs on the Evangelism
list. This list is for the evangelism team which has the strategic
purpose of promoting Plone. While Chris may disagree with some of the
things that are in this document, they are things we find to be true
about Plone. If you are actually seeking solutions to real problems,

Chris wasn't seeking help he was pointing out why Plone is less easy to install than we all assume it to be or at least claim it to be. I think it's a fair point. There are answers to everything out there on how to do everything with Plone and we as a community are trying to pull it all togeather and reduce the number of things you need to know to get to where you want to go.... but we're not there yet. An example is PloneOut... who would know from the standard Plone download page PloneOut is a good option if you want OOTB themes. I didn't know that and I've installed corporate intranets for thousands of employees. The real question here is, do we want to promote Plone as easy to install even though some don't think so and because we want it to become so... or should we pick something more complelling that's going make someone like chris hang in there and push through.
What was it that made you settle on Plone in the first place Chris?