John Mikes wrote:
> Brent,
> did your dog communicate to you (in dogese, of course) that she has - NO -
> INNER NARRATIVE? or you are just ignorant to perceive such?
> (Of course do not expect such at the complexity level of your 11b neurons)
> John M

Of course not.  It's my inference from the fact that my dog has no outer
narrative.  Have you read Julian Jaynes "The Origin of Consciousness in the
Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind"?  He argues, persuasively in my opinion, that
our inner narrative arises from internalizing our outer narrative, i.e. spoken
communication with other people.