On 2008/11/23 Brent Meeker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't see why partial "zombies" are problematic.  My dog is conscious of
> perceptions, of being an individual, of memories and even dreams, but he
> doesn't
> have an inner narrative - so is he a partial zombie?

Your dog has experiences, and that seems to me to be the most
important thing distinguishing zombie from non-zombie. If Lucky Alice
is a partial zombie, she is lacking in experiences of a certain kind,
such as visual perception, but behaves just the same and otherwise
thinks and feels just the same. She remembers visual experiences from
before she suffered brain damage and feels that they are just the same
as present visual experiences: so in what sense could she have a
deficit rendering her blind?

--
Stathis Papaioannou