Kory Heath wrote:

> If Lucky Alice is conscious and Empty-Headed Alice is not conscious,
> then there are partial zombies halfway between them. Like you, I can't
> make any sense of these partial zombies. But
  also can't make any

I think a materialist would either have to argue that Lucky Alice is
conscious (if he focuses on physical states) and that removing neurons
would lead to fading qualia (the "partial zombies") or simply assume
that already Lucky Alice is a Zombie (because he focuses on causal
dynamics).

(I would like to note that I have dropped MAT in the meantime and tend
to MECH. Just wanted to "simulate" a materialist argumentation :-) -
maybe I can convince myself of MAT and not MECH again *grin*)

Could we say that MAT focuses on _physical states_ (exclusively) and
MECH on _dynamics_? And that MGA shows that one can't have both?

Cheers,
Günther