On Sep 22, 1:10 pm, Flammarion <peterdjo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > No it's what a program is... Would you be different if instantiated on a x86
> > computer than on an ARM based one ?
>
> There's a difference between being independent of any
> specific instantiation and being independent of all instantiations.

Computational supervenience is not equivalent to no instantiation.
Its realisation is derived from AR - i.e. the posit that all phenomena
are consequential on a specific subset of mathematics and
computational theory.  It is motivated by the inadequacy of physical
supervenience as a basis for the computational theory of mind.  Its
explanatory worth as a theory is to be judged abductively and
empirically.

> Platonism is not proved by multiple realisability.

AFAICS nobody is trying to prove Platonism but you.  Could you either
state clearly what work this label is supposed to do, beyond the posit
of AR on an abductive basis that we have already agreed on, or drop
your insistence on it?

David