On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 7:57 AM, ronaldheld <ronaldh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jason:
>   I do not think a neutron take more trhan a finite amount of voltage
> to be able to fire. I do wonder if merely replacing the bio parts by
> processing hardware, do you lose the part of the complexity of the
> mind? Np problem with an antimatter man and mind.

If the mechanical replacements have the same repertoire and behavior as the
biological parts I don't see how the complexity would be lessened.  Many
people feel lessened to be thought of as a machine, but they probably don't
fully appreciate just how complex of a machine the brain is.  It has 100
billion neurons (about 1 for each stars in this galaxy) and close to 1
quintillion connections or 1,000,000,000,000,000 (about 1 connection for
every cent of US debt).  People aren't familiar with man-made machines
anywhere near this level of complexity and so it is understandable that one
could doubt a machine acting like a human. However, I think this is mainly a
prejudice instilled by the types of (comparatively simple) machines we deal
with on a daily basis.

Jason