Dear Bruno,

Thanks a lot for your answers. I was raised in former Soviet Union where scientific atheism was used as the official religion. So I have actually no idea what theology is about.

Some other difference between science and religion is that science is mainly experimental. Even physics, as Laughlin points out in his book, is experimental science. From a practical viewpoint, a theory is useful if it could help to earn more money. Yet, when people get reach they ask what to do next and I guess that at that point they need some special theories to this end.

Finally I should say that I enjoy reading discussions on this list. Thanks to everybody.

Evgenii

http://blog.rudnyi.ru