On Feb 5, 1:08 pm, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> in MWI (and QM) you have WR, so in the multiverse there exists at every
> moments splitting or differentiation to random universe, so the question of
> what filter it out remains (if MWI is true)...
>
> What I want to say is "the answer is because *you* are in that environment",
> you the consciousness, the constraint come from being conscious, and I don't
> think you can be conscious where you're not and obviously, for *your* person
> to be conscious like you are now you must be here (in this universe ?)
> because that's what you observe, your next moment should be a moment where
> you are *you* and not someone else,

But I am not defined  by having exactly the same experience at
all times. I am defined by a having a coherent set of memories,
but (in a mathematical multiverse) a coherent set of memories up until
time T can be stitched
onto surreal experiences at time T+1. (which sort of happens
in dreams anyway). I can think to myself "Why am I, a person
who was born in such-and-such a place and went to school in such-and-
such a place
and who has every reason to believe there are no talking giant white
rabbits now suddenly seeing  a WR".

> hence all the someone else moments have
> a zero measure to be your next moments, but it is sure that there are hugely
> more moments of "not you" than there are moments which are you... so the
> filtering is you.

In a MMV, there have to be many more me's with incoherent future
experiences
following on from my current memories, that there are me's with
coherent
future experiences.