2011/2/5 1Z <peterdjo...@yahoo.com>

> On Feb 5, 1:08 pm, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > in MWI (and QM) you have WR, so in the multiverse there exists at every
> > moments splitting or differentiation to random universe, so the question
> of
> > what filter it out remains (if MWI is true)...
> >
> > What I want to say is "the answer is because *you* are in that
> environment",
> > you the consciousness, the constraint come from being conscious, and I
> don't
> > think you can be conscious where you're not and obviously, for *your*
> person
> > to be conscious like you are now you must be here (in this universe ?)
> > because that's what you observe, your next moment should be a moment
> where
> > you are *you* and not someone else,
>
> But I am not defined  by having exactly the same experience at
> all times. I am defined by a having a coherent set of memories,
> but (in a mathematical multiverse) a coherent set of memories up until
> time T can be stitched
> onto surreal experiences at time T+1. (which sort of happens
> in dreams anyway). I can think to myself "Why am I, a person
> who was born in such-and-such a place and went to school in such-and-
> such a place
> and who has every reason to believe there are no talking giant white
> rabbits now suddenly seeing  a WR".

You can up until you are not you anymore... ie: until you can say I'm am
Peter Jones and you know it.

So all *your* experiences are filtered amongs only the Peter Jones
experiences.

> > hence all the someone else moments have
> > a zero measure to be your next moments, but it is sure that there are
> hugely
> > more moments of "not you" than there are moments which are you... so the
> > filtering is you.
> >

> In a MMV, there have to be many more me's with incoherent future
> experiences
> following on from my current memories, that there are me's with
> coherent
> future experiences.

That's my point, COMP does not add more white rabbits from this pov.

My point is ***when you are asking why am I in this *coherent* moments is
because you are effectively in that coherent moments... you would'nt ask
that if you were in incoherent moments, so that question filters out any
incoherent moments. This restrict the observer class to the only observers
able to ask it.***