On 2/5/2011 12:44 PM, Quentin Anciaux wrote:

2011/2/5 1Z <peterdjo...@yahoo.com <mailto:peterdjo...@yahoo.com>>

    On Feb 5, 1:08 pm, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com
    <mailto:allco...@gmail.com>> wrote:
    > in MWI (and QM) you have WR, so in the multiverse there exists
    at every
    > moments splitting or differentiation to random universe, so the
    question of
    > what filter it out remains (if MWI is true)...
    >
    > What I want to say is "the answer is because *you* are in that
    environment",
    > you the consciousness, the constraint come from being conscious,
    and I don't
    > think you can be conscious where you're not and obviously, for
    *your* person
    > to be conscious like you are now you must be here (in this
    universe ?)
    > because that's what you observe, your next moment should be a
    moment where
    > you are *you* and not someone else,

    But I am not defined  by having exactly the same experience at
    all times. I am defined by a having a coherent set of memories,
    but (in a mathematical multiverse) a coherent set of memories up until
    time T can be stitched
    onto surreal experiences at time T+1. (which sort of happens
    in dreams anyway). I can think to myself "Why am I, a person
    who was born in such-and-such a place and went to school in such-and-
    such a place
    and who has every reason to believe there are no talking giant white
    rabbits now suddenly seeing  a WR".

You can up until you are not you anymore... ie: until you can say I'm am Peter Jones and you know it.

So all *your* experiences are filtered amongs only the Peter Jones experiences.

    > hence all the someone else moments have
    > a zero measure to be your next moments, but it is sure that
    there are hugely
    > more moments of "not you" than there are moments which are
    you... so the
    > filtering is you.

    In a MMV, there have to be many more me's with incoherent future
    experiences
    following on from my current memories, that there are me's with
    coherent
    future experiences.

That's my point, COMP does not add more white rabbits from this pov.

My point is ***when you are asking why am I in this *coherent* moments is because you are effectively in that coherent moments... you would'nt ask that if you were in incoherent moments, so that question filters out any incoherent moments. This restrict the observer class to the only observers able to ask it.***

He couldn't ask it in a world where the physics was incoherent. But he could certainly see apparitions of white rabbits etc as in a dream and still ask.