On Feb 15, 7:28 pm, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/2/15 1Z <peterdjo...@yahoo.com>

> > > I meant "in general".
>
> > I don't need anything more than
> > 1) I am real
> > 2) Unreal things don't generate real things
>
> > I think both of those are hard to dispute.
>
> You arbitrarily choose the unreal things... without any argument that prove
> that they are unreal (or real or whatever).

It's the inverse of Bruno's argument: immateriality is an unnecessary
posit
given materiality.

> The principle is sound, the
> choice is not without arguments. You say numbers don't exist... but as I
> said before, I can think about them in my mind

You can think about fictional entities too. Why would
something have to exist outside your head in order for you
to think about it?

>... I exist, hence they
> transitively exist through my mind at the least.

But Bruno claims *they* are generating *you*.

> I do not chose if a number
> is prime or not hence

Certain things follow inevitably when you are
following rules. That does not need to be explained
by positing anything beyond the rules themselves.

> I'm not inventing them

Well, someone told you the rules. You didn't invent
chess either