On 3/9/2011 4:30 AM, Andrew Soltau wrote:
Omnes for example, is that the "collapse" is purely epistemological. All that changes is our knowledge or model of the state and QM merely
predicts probabilities for this change.
That's what I thought I was saying!

No. Everett and Omnes are quite different. Omnes says the wave function is merely a representation of what we know about an initial state (e.g. one we've prepared in the laboratory) and the wave equation tells us the probabilities of what we will observe. Since the WF is just a representation of our knowledge, it abruptly changes ("collapses") when we gain new knowledge. Everett on the other hand reifies the wave function and assumes it never collapses.