On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Stephen Paul King <stephe...@charter.net>wrote:

*"  Is the "causes" word even necessary? Would it not be accurate to say
that a change in information = a change in our description, unless you are
assuming some sort of pluralistic 1st person view, i.e. from the point of
view of many (a fixed set of observers): 'collapse' is nothing but a change
in the information common to all that "causes' (or necessitates!) a change
in the description of each individual to remain a viable member of the
'many'?*
*Onward!*
*Stephen"*
**
Thanks, Stephen, for standing up against the verb 'causes'. In our limited
views of the totality (the unlimited complexity of the wholeness) we can
only search for factors *contributing* to changes we experience WITHIN the
model of our knowledge. If we find such, we are tempted to call it *THE
cause - *while many more (from the unknown) may also play in.

*Information* is also a tricky term, maybe: knowledge of relations we *
(lately?)* acquired in our topical model of yesterday's knowledge, but
definitely also WITHIN our knowable model.
(Please forgive me for using "yesterday's": nobody can think in terms of all
the ongoing news of today).
**
Best
John M