Dear Bruno and Brent:
(not quite sure which 'open' par belongs to whom, since they are open in
Bruno's text as well as in Brent's - but that is irrelevant at this moment:
I don't intend to "argue")
I thank you for reflecting to my scribblings in a very professional spirit.
I apologize for boring you by remarks (questions) derived from a different
worldview (and vocabulary) from what you apply. I decided several times NOT
to barge in, yet am fallible and in-disciplined. Sorry.

To Bruno's "they work well": I use 'almost' because of flaws that occur
occasionally.
 Reason in my view: our so far learned (you may call it: observable, see
below) 'world' is a portion of the wholeness and the entire totality is in
relational exchange with everything - including those items we already know
about. The rest of the interference is 'surprising' (i.e. out of our rulely
- knowable expectations: considerable as flaws).
Observer: I generalize the term to anything getting into relational
connection with anything else,  not restricted to 'conscious' (horribile
dictu: "human"?) observers. So I would not call 'it' a "he". My question
was: can a mental object (thought?) be observing in my sense? (That would be
an extension to a 'physical' view).

I appreciate Brent's remark restricting the collapse etc. as part of the
"DESCRIPTION".

And I loved the sweet fairy-tale:
*"God created a little mechanical clock to begin with, and six days was for
him just 6 * 24 * 60 * 60 seconds ;)"  *by the bearded supernatural
inventor, way before it was applicable to human-identified time concept.
Thank you.

Insanity: what is sanity?

I admit that your (and Brent's etc.) positions are the best available and
decent, I am stubborn (maybe I learnt insufficient math-physics to join the
choir) but look now from a perspective above my head into an unlimited
complexity from which certain 'aspects' (maybe derived by the actual state
of our understanding only) are composed into limited models for ourselves to
think WITHIN. That is our perceived reality (just a word) and subject to
relations from yonder.
Your boss, the universal machine (yes, it is feminine in French, Latin and
German) is THERE, beyond my imagination and I don't force my flimsy mind to
identify it in MY terms. She may be more than I can fathom. So I sit in my
own schizophrenia: live in a restricted pool of ideas and think about an
unrestricted everything beyond my capabilities.
I don't want to compromise, nor to accept what seems incomplete.

I hope to bother you less with my nightmares in the future (but don't count
on it). .

John M