Brent wrote about my questioning 'energy':

*"Hmm.  It's the 00 component of the stress-energy tensor.  It's the
Hamiltonian, the time evolution operator.  It's not a thing*."

Brent, you may know better than that:
1. I did not restrict my inquiry to 'things' (is e.g. a 'refutation' a
thing? but you *can* identify it)

2. The ID for 'energy' is misplaced if you refer to it as a component of a *
'kind''* of it

3. a Hamiltonian is part of the physical world figment. In my 'agnostic'
inquiry I want to eliminate the restrictions to human conclusions as
explanation. Can you arrive at a so called 'Hamiltonian' by considerations
without applying any relation to references including the 'idea' of energy?
in which case it falls again into an idem per idem.

4. I am not sure if "time" is primary to 'energy, or vice versa, but both
fall under point  #3.

I tried to outline something (in my own *narrative* about the 'story' -
history? of *some(?) * Multiverse which might lead to descriptions in
physical thinking "close" to energy:
that is the formation of the timeless complexity we call a* 'universe'* -
from the complete symmetry of (my) proto-world "Plenitude" by inevitable
reasons, which respites as it forms - yet *FROM THE INSIDE* shows for 'us' a
vast time-space system (*in* *OUR* universe)
which is explained for human understanding(?) by the terms of a physical
world.
The trend of the re-dissipation is a draw on the complexity realized - again
from the inside - as a power to equalize, dissipate, eliminate 'complex
knots' all the way  from a hypothetical Big Bang to a similarly hypothetical
Big Crunch of redistribution. All in a timeless instant as seen from the
Plenitude. (Mind you: I set up the Plenitude as beyond the limitations of
our insight and it's symmetry beyond the limitations we have for the term.
The inevitability of 'universes' formation comes from the postulate that
within the Plenitude everything is in 'transition' with everything else -
consequently it is inevitable that 'related' aspects "ball together"
occasionally (into a complexity?) violating the total symmetry).
This 'narrative' has no "scientific" claims and is not ready for discussion.

John