On 8/22/2011 12:11 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
On Aug 22, 1:06 pm, meekerdb<meeke...@verizon.net>  wrote:
On 8/22/2011 3:41 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

I would agree that we cannot exclude it. After all if we take qualia
ontologically, then it is hard to escape panpsychism. Let me quote
Gray in this respect (he was not aware of Bruno's theory):
p. 321. "Alternatively, no such new arrangement of the existing laws
of physics and chemistry will turn out to be possible. The fundamental
laws of physics themselves will need supplementation. It is difficult
to see how new fundamental laws could come into play only during
biological evolution, or they would not be fundamental. So it is
probably inevitable that any theory which seeks to account for
consciousness in terms of fundamental physical processes will involve
'panpsychism'.
And not only physical processes.  If consciousness is a result of
computation in Platonia, it will still be ubiquitous.  Only magic can
confine it to humans or neurons or living things.  But that is not to
say consciousness is all-or-nothing; that idea was part of the magic
that made it only human.  When it is better understood it will be seen
to occur in all degrees and in many kinds, as we see life today.
In this case, we would need to explain how there can ever be things
that seem to be unconscious.

Doesn't follow.