On Sep 25, 7:39 pm, Stathis Papaioannou <stath...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> But if thoughts influence behaviour and thoughts are not observed,
> >> then observation of a brain would show things happening contrary to
> >> physical laws,

This image illustrates how bottom-up and top-down processing co-exist:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls5o3ngv0f1qa4itpo1_500.jpg

If you only look at the leaves and horses, nothing unusual is going
on. It is not physics that makes consciousness invisible, it is our
desire to use physics to insist that reality fit into our narrowest
expectations.

Craig