Saying evolution created pain and pleasure is a bit of a cop out. When we
say evolution created mammals, we can theorize about a progression of
material forms (and environments) that led to mammals.

So *how* did evolution do that? What sort of progression could you theorize
about that led to pain and pleasure? I think to do that, assuming
mechanism, you still have to come up with something that maps those
feelings to 3p processes.

Terren