On Sat, Apr 28, 2012  Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How many times do you want me to restate the obvious third alternative

> YOU CREATE the reason to act.

OK, then you create the reason to act for a reason OR you create the reason
to act for no reason, there is no third alternative.

> You are saying that whatever is done in a non-systematic way has no
> cause.

> That is a the most basic logical fallacy there is.

> > You are erroneously assuming that all causes are systematic

If it was caused then something about it must be systematic. If not, if
it's a miracle and not repeatable and you still insist on calling it a
cause then the word "cause" has no meaning, or at least it becomes
operationally indistinguishable from the word "random".

> My point is that intention is neither caused entirely by a system nor it
> is entirely without a system - will is the creation of system; a third
> option.

So you think X is not Y and you also think X is not not Y, now THAT sort of
doublethink is the most basic logical fallacy there is.

> You are determined by your will?

Yes, or at least you want to be determined by your will, but sometimes
events conspire in such a way that you can't always get what you want; a
great Rolling Stones song by the way.

> So you think we should say "I am walked across the street by my will".

Obviously, although that's a rather awkward way of phrasing it; I usually
just say "I'm walking across the street because I want to", of course just
like everything else I want to for a reason OR I want to for no reason.

  John K Clark