On 4/27/2012 12:00 PM, 1Z wrote:

On Apr 27, 7:13 pm, meekerdb<meeke...@verizon.net>  wrote:
   We never explained where the elan vital was or where it came
from.  We just came up with a different kind of 'explanation'.
And the EV is supposed to be analgous to qualia? But that paralell
doens;t work. The EV is dismissable
because there was never prima facie evidence for it.

Then why was it widely believed to exist?...because somethings were alive and other seemingly identical things weren't.

However, qualia
are prima facie evidence for everything
else. I can;t just pretend that my pains don't hurt, etc.

We don't pretend things aren't alive either.