On May 24, 9:54 pm, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Now we (except for Craig) recognize that these properties can be found in
> machines, like chess players or AI with learning.  They can be either
> probabilistic (in
> the inherent sense by having QM random number generators) or deterministic but
> unpredictable simply because they are complex and learn from their experience.

I don't say that AI is without purpose, only that it is without it's
own purpose. AI is a prosthetic extension of human intelligence. A
learning AI has the purposes which have been programmed into it, but
it cannot develop it's own purposes and agendas. A learning AI can
only learn what we let it learn. That isn't meaningful intelligence,
sentience, feeling, or agency. It's a pre-recorded logical algorithm
superimposed on a low level inorganic substrate.

Craig